Women’s Health: Three Key Areas
More than 90% of Americans do not have adequate dietary intakes of key nutrients such as Vitamin K2, calcium and Vitamin D. The truth is, most western diets simply don’t provide the nutrition to support critical areas like bone health, breast health, stress and immune support and hormone balance. If you supplement with a New Chapter women’s multi-vitamin, you’ll get these nutrients in their organic cultured whole-food form, as well as targeted herbal blends that help support specific areas of women’s health.
Bone Health & Calcium
Almost every woman recognizes the need for bone-nourishing calcium, especially once they reach age 30, when bone density begins to slowly decline. There are two important factors in addressing calcium deficiency:
- The form of calcium is critical for optimal absorption and digestion.
- Calcium alone is not enough. The body needs other critical nutrients to ensure the calcium gets absorbed into our bones.
It’s important to get calcium in a whole-food form that’s easily absorbed by the body. Equally critical are additional bone-nourishing nutrients which help ensure the calcium goes to your bones where you want it, not to your arteries and soft tissues, where you don’t want it.
A woman’s natural hormone balance can affect everything from menstrual-regularity, bloating and mood swings to hot flashes, sleep disturbances and increases in tension and stress. Many factors can affect a woman’s natural hormone balance, including:
- The body’s natural requirements for estrogen and progesterone.
- The body’s natural stress response
- The liver’s natural ability to process hormones
It’s important to address these factors.