Feeling a little gloomy during the cold, dark months of winter? Here are some tips to help you stay your best self during the remaining winter season.
- Move! Physical activity really does help support a more positive mood. Meet up with friends at the local ice rink or help a neighbor shovel their driveway. Take a drop-in dance exercise class or visit an indoor pool to raise your spirits.
- Sun Exposure: Vitamin D is critical to our bodies and supports our mood. In addition to taking a supplement, bundle up and enjoy a walk outside in the mid-day sunshine whenever possible.
- Keep a Journal: This practice 20 minutes a day can help you clarify your feelings and thoughts plus work through some niggling problems. Make a gratitude list every day, then consider telling someone what you appreciate about them.
- Aromatherapy: Essential oils can influence the brain’s ability to control mood. Add a few drops to your bath or diffuser for the extra benefit of adding moisture to the dry winter air.
- Elderberry: Activate your immune defenses with clinically studied pure Black Elderberry extract concentrated 64x.* Sweetened with throat-soothing Honey, choose from great tasting Elderberry Syrup or Elderberry Powder in convenient powder packs to stir into hot or cold water anywhere, anytime.